Friday, October 24, 2008

if you don't like roaches...don't read. Or DO!

Have I mentioned my office is disgusting?

I was babysitting super late last night, so I didn't even get into the office until Noon. But as soon as I got in the door everyone started to warn me about not going into my office. They know...very well...that I have a HUGE fear of cockroaches.

So, I carefully walk in. I didn't even have to flip on the light to see that there, lying on the floor, was a barely alive cockroach the size of my fist. Ok..not really...but it was big!! So I freaked...and ran out. The exact response they expected out of me. I don't do cockroaches. End of story.

So the office is full, everyone is in for the day and one of the girls decides it'd be a GREAT idea to collect the roach and the 10 others scattered around the office. Did I mention we have a roach problem? The thing is...the guys in the office don't mind them and the girls (well most of us) are too scared to pick them up.

So anyways..one brave warrior picked up the 10 scattered roaches and put them in a paper-towel. It is a well known fact around here that you should NEVERRRRRR open the cabinet under the sink where the roach spray is kept, because there is...well....a dead roach army under there. Seriously. There are about 20 and I, Lindsey Keller, queen of exaggeration am not exaggerating this one! I'd take a picture if I wasn't too scared.

So she individually picks up each roach..by this point I'm hiding..far far away because she has about 20 in her hand in a wadded up paper towel (like I said..she doesn't have a fear like I do!!) She puts them in our boss' office. We all figured..hmm..maybe this would be a breakthrough and he'd get the point. But no...he just shrugged at them. We've been begging for at least a year for pest control and a cleaning company to come in.

Since our strategy did not work and she cleaned up all the roaches for nothing, we've decided we'll just have to find quotes for pest control ourselves and tell him he's about to lose a lot of employees if he doesn't call someone to come in. We're all pretty sick of it. Three weeks ago my co-worker found a dead snake in her office. Don't ask why..or how it got there. We don't know.

You're probably reading this and wondering why the HECK I still work at such a place. Ha. Well....if you could work 30 hours a week (or 25...whatever) and still get paid for 40, you probably would deal with the roach problem too!

Hope I didn't gross all of you out too much! At least you don't have to deal with them!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Get one of those big pickle jars and put PEST CONTROL FUND on it and start collecting for an extermination... thats BEYOND nasty. Makes me question the boss who just shrugged it off... anyone ever seen this man's HOME... ick.

LindseyMae said...

I don't want to see how he lives at home. Gross. hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Nasty! I am glad you finally got some extermination though. That is just sick! And I am sure your place of employment is/was failing lots of health code violations.

EWWWW!