Sunday, March 14, 2010

fortunes

My husband and I ordered chinese takeout last night for dinner. With all of this Spring Cleaning talk, I found my fortune hilarious.
I totally believe this. I said before, I have my 6 month rule when it comes to deciding whether to keep or toss unnecessary items. To me, clutter creates chaos and anxiety and I don't need either in my life. Ever been to someone else's house and they just have stuff lying everywhere...whether it may be their choice of decor or their unconcerned approach to cleaning? I can't stand it. The kitchen counter is for preparing food, maybe displaying a pretty fruit bowl or domed cake stand, and the occasional appliance. Not your precious moments collection or the landing place for every picture frame you've ever owned.

It's Sunday, so I did what I do every Sunday and I cooked massive amounts of food for my lunches this week. My husband is one of those people that gets up early everyday so he can go grill himself a steak in the backyard for lunch. Not me...I'd rather sleep, thank you. So what if I eat the same thing every day for lunch. It's healthy, cheap, easy to make and easy to store. This week is chili week. Ok...pretty much every week is chili week, or vegetable stew week, or chicken soup week.


 There are a few more hidden in there somewhere.



No comments: