Patrick and I took a quick weekend trip down to Gasparailla on Friday. I got home at 5:00 and we hit the road to make the ferry by 8. It gave us enough time to stop for dinner on the way there and make a quick publix run before we got on the ferry. The beach wasn't too crowded, the weather was great and it was very relaxing. I love going down there to basically do nothing.
Shannon and Bryan came down to visit us on Saturday morning. They came to the island on the 10 a.m. ferry and stayed for dinner, leaving on the 8:00 ferry. Shannon and I took a long walk down the beach with Abbie. Some of you might know, I like to collect sharks teeth. I got a nice bundle to add to my collection this weekend. They were everywhere! I have never seen more sharks teeth than I do at Gasparilla. I wonder what that says about the water?? I always like to think about the age of the shark, how long the teeth have been in the water, whether they're new or old, etc, etc. It's so therapeutic.
On the top right is a crab claw I found. I've started finding those lately too.
We left on the 10 a.m. ferry today so we could get home and mentally prepare for the work week ahead. The great thing about Little Gasparilla is that there are no cars, no traffic lights/street signs, no crazy/uptight people, no grocery stores, gas stations or malls. Just relaxed people who fish, swim or relax on the beach. It's weird getting on the ferry to come home because it means we're going back to the real world.
Speaking of the real world....I need to go put away laundry. Siiiigh.

No comments:
Post a Comment