Monday, May 3, 2010

Meat puddle

Patrick and I very quickly "winged" our meatloaf recipe because we couldn't find it. I dunno what happened to our brains in the process of creating the meatloaf, but we forgot two very important ingredients: oats and egg whites.

We ended up with a pan of what is now called "meat puddle." Lemme tell ya....was the most delicius meat puddle I've ever had! Ok, ok..I haven't had any before this, but if you put it in the meat loaf category, it's BETTER!!

1 lb ground turkey
1/2 white onion (chopped)
1 can tomato paste
3 cloves garlic
salt and pepper
1/4 cub tomato sauce

Mix all ingredients except tomato sauce and place in meatloaf pan. Press down on meat, so its firm in pan and put a layer of tomato sauce on top. Cover the pan and bake at 400 for 55 mins.

Since there were no oats or egg whites, obviously the "loaf" did not form, so it was more pudding like. This would have been excellent on penne pasta or elbows, but we don't eat pasta so we just ate it alone.

I'm afraid to attach a pic because it looks like it came out of my dogs ass. Oh well. Here's the pic anyway.

3 comments:

Patty Cakes said...

hahaha paleo meat-puddle!

Ashley said...

um... No thanks!

LindseyMae said...

It was so good, I'm eating it for lunch!