Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I think this is what death feels like.

I am the only person in my family (until now) that has never had to have orthodontia work. I got my retainers inserted yesterday and all was fine and dandy, except that I couldn't talk. As the day went on the plastic was rubbing against my gums and my tongue. I was in so much pain last night, I popped a few Tylenol PM's and crashed until the pain woke me up at 4 a.m. Did I mention I have to wear these horrible things 24 hours a day for 6 months?

This morning, I woke up and my gums and tongue are swollen...they are basically raw. I can't talk, I can't eat, I can barely open my mouth. I have puffy cheeks like a chipmunk and I'm in so much pain I'd like to roll over these pieces of plastic crap with my car. I seriously considered it. I can live with crooked teeth if I don't have to deal with the pain. Toni, a co-worker of mine, called my orthodonist for me cause I couldn't talk and I was sitting in her office crying. Lol. I'm going to ask him for a prescription for pain killers or they might not get any money out me in the future.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: