Tuesday, July 13, 2010

5 pounds? Really?

The world of job hunting is real interesting these days. Obviously it didn't used to be this hard to get a job, but a lot has changed in the past few years. Today, something pretty interesting happened. I got denied for a job because I don't have 5+ pounds to lose. What!? Apparently, if you want to work for a certain popular weight loss company you actually have to be overweight. Can someone please explain this? The lady asked if I was 5 pounds away from my goal weight. I said, "well, no...I'm at my goal weight." She said something along the lines of "well, I'm not going to encourage you to gain weight to get a job, but we want our emplyoees to have a feel for our program." So...I can't just read about it, ask a lot of questions, etc, etc. I have to be overweight, and actively losing weight via this weight loss company. Sure, I get it. No thanks.

Moving right along.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That totally sucks. I wouldn't want to lose weight by following the advice of someone who is overweight. That makes no sense. I need the motivation of someone who is a hottie. Ya know? WW is so totally lame...

Patty Cakes said...

Ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

btw - LOVEEE your new blog look! so cute!!

LindseyMae said...

its about to change again! Check back in a few mins.

Amma Marfo said...

I really feel like being fit, and not having too much weight to lose, should qualify you more...? Whatevs!
You will find something, keep plugging away! :)

LindseyMae said...

a hottie with a body. haha