Sunday, February 20, 2011

hooray for weekends

Work was so busy this past week that the weekend was highly anticipated!:) It was nice to get a little break, although Monday is right around the corner. Thus we begin again!:)

I'm joining a gym tomorrow. Don't freak out blog readers, I won't be goin' crazy yet. The back is still healing! I just need to get on the stationary bike so I don't have any more bike accidents. Can't hit a huge root and go flyin' at the gym. I'm goin' crazy not being able to exercise and these thighs are turning to jello! Usually when I workout, I eat heathier. When I DON'T work out, I should be eating extra healthy to ward off any lovely deposits of fat, but it doesn't work like that for me. I think I've eaten Chinese food twice a week since I've been sitting on my butt. So! Monday marks back in the gym for the first time in three weeks and healthier eating again. This great weather is a great motivator---gotta get beach ready!

Got to hear a good friend preach today about a subject that hits kinda close to home. Essentially, it was about being comfortable being single and knowing that us single people ARE loved and ARE good enough and can have as much or more fulfillment in lives as our married counterparts. Of course there was so much more to it than that. This was interesting for me because I've been on both sides. I thought about the me three years ago and what I would have/could have taken from the message. Then me as a married person. Now the single me. It kinda added an extra spin having all those perspectives.

Now, ya'll know I like to post videos, songs, whatever...things that mean something to me. So here's one from the awesome guys in Sons of Sylvia (formerly The Clark Brothers)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q8id4X7PLM

And the countdown begins for the camping trip!! 12 days. I cannot wait to sit around a campfire in the middle of nowhere with some amazing people, eat lots of meat and drink lots of beer. It's going to be amazing.

No comments: