I'm back! You know you missed me! I missed blogging. I needed to take a break for a while. Lots of changes in my life! Where do I begin???
To start off...In November, Patrick and I split up. I moved out in mid-December and have since been moving on with my life. I know what you're thinking, "damn...only made it a year. what the hell is wrong with you?" Actually..it was him. But I won't get into that. I promised him I wouldn't tarnish his name or reputation. Most people expect that I was sitting at home, crying, moping, being negative. Yeah...no. I had complete peace about it. I think my faith plays a huge role in the situation and how I feel about it.
I'm a Keller. We handle pain differently than most people. Some people eat. Or don't eat. I threw myself into new activities that I never got to do when I was with him. It's almost as if I found myself as a person. Lindsey Keller was missing...hiding behind Patrick Costello. It's liberating...refreshing...exciting. I started a running club with a friend of mine just after the New Year. At the same time I started a brand new hobby, jiu-jitsu, which I am loving. I quit my gym so I could distance myself from my ex and leave that part of my life completely. I miss my friends from there, but it's part of moving on, right? So..no moping around here. Life has actually been amazing. I've made some great new friends and realized how amazing the friends I had all along are. My friends really stepped up to help me out, take me out, move me out...lol. You guys have been awesome and I appreciate every bit.
In addition to jiu-jitsu, I started "mountain-bike" riding.. trail riding essentially. Many of you know the interesting accident I had on my bike:) Unfortunately, due to a back injury, I've been out of the gym and classes for three weeks now, which drives me crazy of course. Most of you know how active I am. Sitting around is not good for me. The mind kinda goes a little crazy;)
I've traveled a bit....realized there is a reason my exes are indeed...my exes. Lol. RIP Aaron T, I have no idea why I liked you. haha. It's all part of the adventure.
The exciting part of all this? The start of new relationships and friendships. I've realized I am supposed to be treated well (duh, right?). At some point..I lost sight of that. I'm less likely to let people walk all over me now. And DEFINITELY less likely to stay in an unhealthy relationship now that I know how it ends. haha.
I'm really excited about this journey in life and can't wait to make new memories with all my friends and build new relationships.
That's all for now...I promise to write more:)
2 comments:
So freaking glad your blogging again! <3 you!
One comment and I will shut up - but regardless of you telling him you won't "tarnish his image", it is a two-way street and he needs to be cooperative and civilized to you too. You don't need to do any favors to ANYONE. Be you. Peace.
Post a Comment