I am on "meatless" day #3! I did some grocery shopping last night and had no problems passing up the meat section. For starters, I have never been a huge meat eater. I like chicken, beef and pork (bacon!!!), but I just don't eat large amounts of it. I get sick of it very quickly and I sometimes have a texture issue with chicken. It has to be cooked absolutely perfectly and covered in a creamy sauce for me to like it for the most part...thus negating the health benefits of it. I have not noticed a difference in energy levels, but I do feel my clothes are looser. I will observe over the next few weeks if this is coincidence or actually a result of my meatless diet.
Casey bought a juicer today, so I might try "juicing" for a few meals a week. I know for a fact that I don't get enough vegetables in my diet. I loooove fruit, but would like to incorporate more fresh vegetables somehow. Plus, it's a very simple meal and I don't have to think about it much. I like the sound of that!
I will keep you updated on my progress and results!
No comments:
Post a Comment