Monday, September 19, 2011

Finding a new gym is a workout

When I moved in July, I put in my notice at my gym because it was 10 mins further from my new home, putting it at about a 25 min drive home, meaning I would never go on a weekend. Therefore, it wasn't using my money wisely when I could only really work out Monday through Thursday and out of those 4 days, well, lets face it, I didn't make it to half of those days. I worried too much about Abbie having to pee, or not having enough time to get other things done. My gym membership ran out on September 15 and I have been looking for 6 weeks for a new gym!! It is HARD work!! The gym I WANT to go to is of course a Crossfit gym and I can't afford $130 a month for the membership. That is a lot of money and fitness is very important to me, but I can think of a lot of other things I can buy with $130. Like electricity for instance...and gas for my car to get back and forth to St. Pete. Those things aren't cheap:)

Then, I tried a regular 'ole box gym. I had done box gyms for years and loved them, but now I'm bored out of my mind of them. I liked being able to workout with the boyfriend, but couldn't see myself working out in a really crowded gym at "rush hour" every day and fighting with people over a few benches and free weights. Now, I have turned my attention to kickboxing. I kickboxed in high school and LOVED it, so I figured I would give it another go. I am currently checking out two different places both equidistant from my castle (for those of you that don't know...I live in a castle. A 70's, gotta-love-it-turrets-and-all-castle).

The one I tried today was more cardio boxing than I would have liked. It was cool to be able to punch a bag and it was a GREAT workout, but I can see myself getting bored of it. It's sad that I need my life to change constantly in order to not get bored. ::Side Rant:: A friend and I were talking about this today and she mentioned I change my mind and path in life more often than I change clothes each day. Yes, yes, I will admit...I change a lot of things in my life, but I was quick to point out, I don't cycle through boys or cars very often:) I stick with them for a while. ::End Rant::

I have one more place to check out this week. I think I am going to go on Wednesday. It is more of a boxing place than cardio kickboxing, so it'll be a bit different for me and more physical activity, which I am looking forward to. I prefer kicking people than bags:)

I really do not have any additional updates on life as of late. I am a pretty boring person these days. I am back and forth between my castle and St. Pete, running three times a week, hanging out with the guy, working, etc.

I just realized I forgot to post  pics from my trip to NY, so I'll add those this week sometime!

No comments: